Wholemeal Einkorn Apple Cupcake Muffins
About this recipe:
These wholesome cupcake muffins are packed with a flavourful combination of einkorn flour, brown sugar, apples and mixed spice.
muffin or tart tray baking tray, cupcake cases, kitchen blender and mixing bowl.
150g Doves Farm Organic Einkorn Flour
3 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
1 tsp mixed spice
100g soft brown sugar
4 tbsp water
2 eating apples
1 tbsp demerara sugar
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Stand 6 cupcake cases in the holes of a muffin or tart tray.
- Measure the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the sugar and sultanas and stir again.
- Break the egg into the bowl of a kitchen blender, add the add the oil and water and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour blend and mix well.
- Peel and chop the apples into 1cm/⅜” cubes, add them to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared cake cases.
- Sprinkle a little Demerara sugar over the top of each cupcake muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.