White Rye Flour Biscuits
About this recipe:
Use a food processor or electric beaters and just three ingredients to rustle up these moreish White Rye Biscuits.
food processor or electric beaters, 2 x baking trays, mixing bowl, parchment paper and cookie cutter
200g Doves Farm Organic White Rye Flour
butter, for trays
flour, for dusting
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of two baking trays or insert a baking liner.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Put the butter cubes and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat with electric beaters until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and pulse or beat well to make fine crumbs.
- Using your hands, gather the mix together, pressing to form a smooth ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, to a thickness of 8mm/⅜”.
- Press a 4cm/1.5″ cookie cutter, or egg cup, into the dough to cut circles.
- Transfer the dough circles to the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Transfer the cooked biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
- Store cold biscuits in a tin.