Easter Biscuits with Chocolate Chips
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Lightly spiced butter biscuits are traditionally made at Easter time and these sweet treats are baked with added chocolate chips. For a classic biscuit baked with currants see our classic Easter Biscuit recipe.
large baking tray, 2 x mixing bowls and 7cm/2¾ biscuit cutter
200g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
½ tsp mixed spice
100g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp orange rind, grated
2 tbsp orange juice
50g dark chocolate chips
butter, for tray
flour, for dusting
1 egg white
2 tbsp caster sugar
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour and mixed spice into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Chop the butter into small cubes and transfer them to another mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk, grated orange rind and orange juice and beat well.
- Sieve in the flour blend and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and bring together a ball of biscuit dough.
- Dust the work surface with flour, put the dough in the middle and sprinkle it with more flour.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3-4mm/⅛”.
- Press a 7cm/2¾ round biscuit cutter or cup through the dough to make circles then gently lift them onto the prepared baking tray.
- Gather together the off cuts and re-roll to make further biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and brush the biscuits with egg white.
- Sprinkle caster sugar over the biscuits then return them to the oven for a further 2-3 minutes.