Chocolate Chip Cookies
About this recipe:
Everyone loves a chocolate chip cookie and these indulgent treats will not disappoint. To keep the cookies at their best, store cold cookies in an airtight tin.
2 x baking trays and mixing bowl
1 egg yolk
½ tsp vanilla extract
75g Doves Farm Organic Self Raising White Flour
50g dark chocolate chips
oil, for baking trays
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of two baking trays or insert a baking liner.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Put the butter cubes and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- Mix in the flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take small spoonfuls of the crumbly mixture and press to form 10 balls of dough.
- Place the dough balls on the prepared baking trays, spaced well apart.
- Flatten the dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- When cold store the cookies in an airtight tin.