About this recipe:
This cake is best if slightly collapsed and squidgy rather than being cooked through. Serve this recipe as a cake or a pudding with a dollop of crème fraiche.
20x28cm/8×11″ baking tray, baking liner and mixing bowl x 2
150g plain chocolate
200g caster sugar
100g Doves Farm Organic Self Raising White Flour
butter, for tray
icing sugar, for dusting
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 20x26cm/8×10″ baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Gently melt together the chocolate and butter.
- Put the sugar and flour into another bowl and blend together.
- Break the eggs into the bowl and beat well.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how soft and squidgy you want the brownies to be. Look through the oven window or carefully open the oven door after 20 minutes to decide.
- Dust the cooked brownie with icing sugar and cut into squares or slices.