Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 15 x 20cm/6 x 8" baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Gently melt together the chocolate and butter.
- In another bowl mix in the sugar, flour and baking powder.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, beat to combine then beat in the flour mix.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Pour into your prepared dish.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cut the brownie in half, wrap and save one half for another day.
Gluten Free Custard
- Measure the milk into a saucepan then remove five tablespoons of the milk to a bowl.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract to the saucepan.
- Heat the pan of milk, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the milk almost to the boil then take it off the heat.
- Add the cornflour to the cold milk stirring to make a smooth paste.
- Poor half of the hot milk onto the paste stirring as you do this.
- Tip the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Return the pan to the heat and stir as the custard thickens.
- Allow the custard to bubble gently and cook for a minute while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
Gluten Free Brownie Trifle
- Make up the jelly according to its instructions and leave to set in the bottom of a large serving dish/bowl.
- Chop the fresh fruit for the fruit salad or drain the fruit if using tinned.
- Spread the fruit salad over the jelly.
- Break the prepared brownie into chunks and scatter the pieces over the fruit.
- Whisk the cold custard and spread it over the brownie pieces.
- Whip the cream and spoon it on top of the custard.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, grate the chocolate using a coarse grater and scatter it over the top of the trifle.
15 x 20cm/6 x 8" baking tray, large serving dish/bowl, grater, saucepan and 3 x mixing bowls
180˚C, Fan 160˚C, 350˚F, Gas 4