Cherry and Chocolate Brownie
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 20x25cm/8x10" baking tray and pre-heat the oven.
- Break the brownie chocolate into a bowl, add the butter and gently melt together.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Tip the melted chocolate and butter into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and beat together well.
- Stir in the dried or glacé cherries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray, spreading it out to the edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on how soft and squidgy you want the brownies to be.
- Leave to cool.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and melt gently.
- Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth and light.
- Add the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour onto the cold brownie, spreading it out to the corners.
- Slice the brownie into 12-15 portions and place a cherry on each.
- Leave in the tin until set.
- If required slice the brownie again before removing from the tray.
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4