Cheesy Breadcrumb Pangrattato
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Packed with flavour, these Italian style breadcrumbs are a great way to use up wholemeal or white bread. Sprinkle cheesy breadcrumbs over fish, pasta or risotto dishes for a colourful and crunchy extra dimension.
oven tray, mixing bowl and food processor
100g bread, crusts removed
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
50g parmesan, grated
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Slice off the bread crusts, save large pieces for toasting and dispose of the rest.
- Cut the bread into slices and then into chunks.
- Using your fingers break the bread into crumbs into a bowl or put the bread into a food processor and pulse until an even crumb size is reached.
- Finely dice the garlic, chop the parsley and add them to the crumb.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and stir or pulse to combine.
- Spread the crumb mixture out on an oven tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Grate the parmesan into the mixing bowl.
- Remove the breadcrumbs from the oven, tip them into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread the cheesy crumb mixture out again on the oven tray.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- When cold store the cheesy crumbs in an airtight jar for up to 5 days.