White Spelt, Pecan, Macadamia and Prune Chocolate Brownie
About this recipe:
A special occasion brownie, made with white spelt flour this would be ideal for a seasonal celebration. We soaked the prunes in amaretto to enhance the nutty flavour although you could use your favourite tipple.
20x30cm/8×12″ baking tray, electric beaters and mixing bowl
50g dried cranberries
3 tbsp amaretto or fruit juice
75g double cream
150g Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
200g plain chocolate
75g macadamia nuts, halved
75g pecan nuts
butter, for tray
icing sugar, optional
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 20x30cm/8×12″ baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Cut the prunes into quarters and put them into a bowl, add the cranberries and amaretto or juice, cover and leave for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Put the sugar into a mixing bowl, add the eggs and beat well with electric beaters.
- Beat in the cream.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Gently melt the chocolate, add it to the bowl and beat well.
- Stir in the soaking fruit, macadamia and pecan nuts.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared baking tray, spreading it out to the edges.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Leave the brownie in the tray to cool then cut into squares or rectangles.
- Sieve a little icing sugar over the brownies if you wish.