No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Buttermilk is a key ingredient in this recipe for light fluffy pancakes. We like to serve these warm with a little butter and fresh strawberries but you could choose lemon and sugar or simply drizzle them with maple syrup.
frying pan, 2 x mixing bowls or jug
75g butter, melted
125g Doves Farm Organic Self Raising White Flour
2 tbsp icing sugar
½ tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
pinch of salt
butter, for cooking
- Melt the butter.
- Put the flour, icing sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl or jug and stir to combine.
- Break the eggs into another bowl, add the buttermilk and beat together.
- Put a little butter into a frying pan over a medium heat. As the butter melts roll the pan around so that the butter just covers the surface.
- Pour half the egg mixture into the prepared flour and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the remaining mixture.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour or scoop small mounds of the pancake mixture into the hot pan.
- Cook the pancakes, loosening the edges, until the base is golden.
- Turn the pancakes over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate.
- Repeat until the batter is used.