- Measure the yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, water, oil, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Scatter the pine nuts on an oven proof tray and toast in a hot oven until golden, about 3-4 minutes.
3.Remove and leave to cool.
Cooking Buckwheat Pasta, Broccoli and Peas
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and measure out the peas.
- Three-quarter fill a large 2lt saucepan with water.
- Add a little salt and bring it to a rapid, rolling boil.
- Add the pasta and stir to avoid it sticking.
- Boil uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Tip the broccoli florets into the pan and cook again for 3 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a final 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove a piece of pasta and cut it with the side of a fork. If the pasta resists, continue the boiling and repeat the fork test every minute until it is ‘al dente’ and just cuts through the pasta.
- Drain the pasta into a colander over the sink.
- If serving hot tip into a serving dish.
- OR, if serving cold, tip the drained pasta into a bowl of cold water, stand for 2 minutes, drain in the colander again and tip into a serving dish.
Buckwheat Penne, Broccoli and Peas with Tahini Sauce
- Sprinkle the tahini sauce over the pasta and stir to combine.
- Scatter the pine nuts over the top and serve warm or cold.