Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
About this recipe:
With a little forward planning this is a great weekend breakfast treat, lunch or midweek supper dish. Make up the dough in advance, overnight is ideal, and assemble this tasty breakfast brunch pizza to suit your timing on the day.
large baking tray, 2 mixing bowls and clean tea towel
125g Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour
½ tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
pinch of salt
75ml tepid water
1 tbsp olive oil
oil, for tin
2 large tomatoes
6 button mushrooms
2 bacon rashers
salt and pepper
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Put the flour, yeast, and salt into a large bowl and blend them together.
- Stir in the water, and when everything looks craggy and lumpy, stir in the oil.
- Using your hands gather everything together into a doughy mass.
- Knead dough in the bowl for 100 presses.
- Invert a larger mixing bowl over your bowl and leave it in a warm place, for the dough to double in size, which will take about an hour or leave it overnight.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a large baking tray and pre-heat the oven.
- Knead the dough for 100 presses.
- Divide the dough in two, gently stretch each piece into a 15cm/6’’circle and put them on the prepared baking tray.
- Cover loosely with a clean tea towel and leave to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Slice the tomatoes thinly and spread them around the edge of the dough circles, leaving the middle clear.
- Cut the mushrooms in half and place them on the tomato circle.
- Slice the bacon into 2cm/1” pieces and lay them in in a circle over the mushrooms and tomato.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven and break an egg into the middle of each pizza.
- Season with salt and pepper and return the baking tray to the oven.
- Bake for 5 – 8 minutes until the egg is set.
- Serve immediately.