Banana Cupcake Muffins
About this recipe:
Delicious and moist banana bread cupcake muffins ready in just 25-30 minutes. Perfect for a lunchbox treat or to eat anytime.
12-hole muffin or tart tray, 6 paper cupcake cases, mixing bowl and kitchen blender
125g Doves Farm Organic Self Raising White Flour
¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
50g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
icing sugar, to dust
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Stand 6 cupcake cases in the holes of a muffin or tart tray.
- Measure the flour and cinnamon, if used, into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and stir again.
- Cut 18 very thin slices of banana and set them aside.
- Put the remaining banana, egg, oil and vanilla extract into a kitchen blender and mix to a purée.
- Tip the prepared flour blend into the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin cases.
- Lay three banana slices on the top of each cupcake muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer the cakes onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Sieve a little icing sugar over the top of the cupcake muffins.