Oat Flour Apple and Blackberry Crumble
About this recipe:
Comforting oat flour and a touch of vanilla take this classic dessert to another level. Serve it warm with cream, ice cream, crème fraiche, mascarpone or good old-fashioned custard.
1lt/2pt oven dish and mixing bowl
500g cooking apples
75g caster sugar
3 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
175g Doves Farm Organic Oat Flour
125g soft brown sugar
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into a 1lt/2pt oven dish.
- Add the caster sugar, water and vanilla extract then stir to mix.
- Bake the apples in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Measure the flour and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Slice the butter into lumps, add it to the bowl and roughly mix it into the flour, using a fork, to create lumpy breadcrumbs.
- Carefully remove the apples from the oven and stir in the blackberries.
- Pour the flour mixture over the fruit and spread it out to the edges.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm.