Apple and Blackberry Crumble
About this recipe:
Using our Organic Plain White Flour, this apple and blackberry crumble is classic comfort food at its best – the perfect end to an autumnal Sunday lunch.
1lt/2pt oven dish and mixing bowl
500g cooking apples
75g caster sugar
3 tbsp water
200g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
150g demerara sugar
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into a 1lt/2pt oven dish.
- Add the caster sugar and water then stir to mix.
- Bake the apples for 20 minutes.
- Measure the flour and demerara sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Slice the butter into small cubes, add them to the bowl and using a fork, roughly mix it into the flour to create lumpy ‘bread crumbs’.
- Stir in the oats.
- Carefully remove the apple from the oven and stir in the blackberries.
- Pour the flour mixture over the fruit and spread it out to the edges.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.