- We support and encourage Organic Farming, Ethical Trade and Fairtrade certification, which can offer more balanced trading systems.
- Doves Farm Foods is committed to the responsible sourcing of raw materials and ingredients.
- We do not use GM material, nanotechnology, enzymes, colouring, artificial flavouring, added nutrients, hydrogenated fat or soya.
- We prefer to use whole grains and every ingredient used in making a product is listed on the label.
Our food safety and quality assurance is based upon National & International food standards and certification programmes;
- Global Standards for Food Safety Issue 5
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points HACCP
- The Soil Association Organic Ethical Trade Standard
- Fairtrade Foundation
- The Food Safety Act 1990 and all relevant amendments
- Customer Codes of Practice
- Organic food production systems develop a variety of cleaning and other strategies to prevent pest problems that would require the use of pesticides.
- Organic farmers are not usually troubled by pest outbreaks, as they use crop rotations and mechanical intervention to nurture crop health and prevent pest attack.
- When grain is transported from farms around the country it must be accompanied by a 'yellow passport' which shows where it has come from and any post harvest pesticide treatments that it has received. Doves Farm Foods reject any delivery whose yellow passport shows that the grain has been treated with post harvest pesticides.
- A professional contractor provides our pest control monitoring, who may use non-residual biodegradable chrysanthemum-based compounds permitted under organic rules to treat any problems that arise.
At Doves Farm we produce our FREEE by Doves Farm range with the utmost care to ensure our product is safe for you to enjoy. As part of this we recognise the following allergens as set out by the Food Standards Agency (FSA):
- Sulphur dioxide
Not only are we a completely nut free site, but we also have a dedicated gluten free mill and bakery which is free from the fourteen allergens listed above. The only allergen that has a legal maximum limit is gluten - Freee gluten free flours comply with this limit and contain less than 20ppm.
We continually review our allergen labelling and always ensure we have clear labelling on our products to give you a transparent view of what’s inside.
Doves Farm foods is a nut free site. This term is used to indicate that the entire area of land occupied by the business and under our control, including car park, canteen and factory offices, does not have nut or nut containing products on it. There are procedures in place and training/confirmation is carried out with all staff, visitors and contractors to ensure a full understanding and compliance with this statement.
Selected ranges of our products declare they are free from peanuts and for all these products we carry out a full risk assessment of the suppliers of raw materials and test the raw materials at intake to our site and prior to use in our products.
We do pack chestnut flour on site, but Chestnuts are not listed in Annex II of the Food Information to Consumers regulations (EU) 1169/2011and therefore are not considered an allergenic food in Europe. However, there is a small minority of the population who are allergic to chestnuts and these people should avoid chestnut flour. Neither do we consider that chestnuts are a nut. They are fruits of trees belonging to the Fagaceae family and are not listed as a nut in Annex II. All the nuts listed in this regulation and products, thereof, are avoided on site, namely peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts and macadamia or Queensland nuts.
We do, however, regularly review legislation and update our products and information provided, based on the most recent data available.