Pecans and pumpkin compliment each other in this delicious and spectacular autumnal desert.
|200 g||Plain Flour or Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend|
|200 g||Baking Beans|
|200 g||Baked Pumpkin|
|300 g||Condensed Milk|
|1 ||Lemon (rind grated)|
|100 g||Pecans |
Rate this recipe using the review button below, or click here to discuss it in our forum.
- Bake the pumpkin until the flesh is soft. Scoop out the flesh, puree & set aside.
- To make the pastry put the flour and butter into a large bowl and using a fork mash the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in 3 tbsp water and quickly bring the pastry together into a sticky ball of dough. Gluten Free pastry absorbs more water than conventional pastry so add 5tbsp and few more drops of water if necessary).Wrap the dough in film and rest it for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the pastry out on a floured surface or between two pieces of film.
- Roll out the pastry so that it is large enough to fit into a deep 1lt/2pt baking dish or simply press the pastry into your baking dish using your fingers.
- Put a sheet of greaseproof paper over the pastry, add the baking beans and cook in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, condensed milk and grated lemon rind.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and turn it down 20 degrees.
- Remove the baking beans and greaseproof paper.
- Pour the pumpkin filling into the pastry case.
- Spread the pecans across the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 45/50 minutes at the lower temperature.
Temperature & cooking time:
190°C/Fan170°C/375°F/Gas 5 for 20 minutes then 170°C/Fan150°C/325°F/Gas 3 for 45/50 minutes
Without Gluten , Without Nuts.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.