A classic made miniature! These tiny gluten free sponges make impressive party food. Using unsalted butter and homemade jam for the filling makes makes these deliciously indulgent. You will need to investing in a couple of mini cavity baking trays or could use mini cake cases.
|50 g||Caster Sugar|
|0 ||Drop Vanilla Extract|
|50 g||Self Raising Gluten Free Flour|
|10 g||Unsalted Butter|
|25 g||Icing Sugar|
|1 ||Drop Vanilla Extract|
1. Mix together the butter & sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Beat in the flour, vanilla and milk.
4. Oil two 12 mini cavity cake trays.
5. Put a heaped teaspoon of mix into each cavity, or into mini paper cake cases.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10/15 minutes.
7. Turn the golden cakes out onto a wire rack to cool.
8. Beat the unsalted butter & icing sugar with a couple of drops of vanilla.
9. Slice the cold cakes horizontally and spread the base of each with icing.
10. Spread a little jam over the icing and replace the top half of the sponge.
11. Sieve a little icing sugar over the top of the cakes and serve.
Temperature & cooking time:
Without Gluten , Without Nuts, Without Soya, Vegetarian.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.