With a jewel like decoration these eye catching fairy cakes will make a grand entrance at any teatime celebration. Prepare the dried fruits and your decoration ideas before making the icing so that you can add this to the muffins for the icing sets.
|250 g||Self Raising Flour|
|1 ⅔ tbsps||Water|
|20 ||Glace cherries|
|25 g||Dried Cranberries|
1. Beat together the oil, sugar, egg and milk.
2. Mix in the flour.
3. Stand paper cake cases in the cavities of a tart tray
4. Put a desert spoonful of mix into each paper case.
5. Bake in a per heated oven for 20 minutes.
6. Prepare the decoration by slicing the cherries into eighths, the cranberries into slithers and pressing the currants to flatten them.
7. Mix together the icing sugar and water.
8. Spread a teaspoon of icing over each cake, reserving some.
9. Quickly press the cherries, cranberries and currants into the icing in a union jack or floral design. As the cake icing dries you may need to dip fruit into the reserved icing to stick it to the muffin.
Makes about 18 cakes.
Temperature & cooking time:
Without Nuts, Vegetarian, Organic.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.