These delightful mincemeat pies look very attractive and are a little lighter to eat than those with a full pastry lid.
Use the best mincemeat you can find or perhaps make your own using dried fruit, butter, grated apple and a little syrup.
|200 g||Gluten Free Plain White Flour |
|75 g||Cold Water|
|200 g||Mincemeat |
- Put the flour and butter into a large bowl.
- Using a fork mash the butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the water and quickly bring the pastry together into a sticky ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling flim and rest it for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the pastry out onto a floured surface or between two pieces of film.
- Roll out the pastry to the desired thickness and size.
- Cut out circles with a pastry cutter and put these into oiled tart tins.
- Half-fill the pastry tarts with good quality mincemeat.
- Gather up the pastry off cuts and roll out thinly.
- Use a star shaped cutter to cut out pastry stars.
- Place the pastry stars on top of the mincemeat tarts.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or when cold store in a tin until required.
Rate this recipe using the review button below, or click here to discuss it in our forum.
Temperature & cooking time:
180°/ Fan 160°C/ 350°F/Gas 4
Without Gluten , Without Soya, Vegetarian, Without Wheat, Organic.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.