Gluten Free Soda Bread
|500 g||Gluten Free Brown Bread Flour Blend or|
|500 g||Gluten Free White Bread Flour Blend|
|1 ⅔ tbsps||Baking Powder|
|2 tsps||Xanthan Gum|
|500 ml||Milk or Rice Milk|
|2 tbsps||Extra Milk or Rice Milk|
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder & xanthan gum
2. In a separate container stir the vinegar & oil into the milk.
3. Add the milk mixture to the flour.
4. Stir to form a soft, slightly sticky dough.
5. Roughly shape the dough & place in an oiled 500g/1lb tin.
6. Brush the top of the loaf with the additional milk.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 90/100 minutes.
Rate this recipe using the review button below, or click here to discuss it in our forum.
Temperature & cooking time:
Oven 200°C/Fan 180°C/400°F/Gas 6
Without Dairy , Without Egg, Without Gluten , Without Nuts, Vegan, Vegetarian, Without Wheat.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.
5 stars: 2
4 stars: 1
3 stars: 1
2 stars: 0
1 stars: 0
By Mr Peter Rudd
I baked my 1st loaf for my wife today, the outside was very hard but the inside was a bit heavy but edible, I will try again on a shorter baking time. Thanks for the recipe.
By Mrs Elena Blunsum
I too found the loaf soggy inside. Tried again using 450mls fluid and made rolls instead - much better results! I made 8 rolls and cooked them at 200 for 35 mins.
By Ms sue godfrey
Looked for relevant egg free, gluten free recipe and intend to try this. The ingredient 'vinegar' should be cider or wine vinegar. Malt vinegar is not suitable for gluten intolerants as it comes from barley grain.
By Mrs Janet Macpherson
The first loaf I made came out crisp on outside but definitely soggy & heavy inside. Tried again but misread recipe as the "or" between the two flours is so small I completely missed it. Perhaps that could be corrected?
20 Nov 2013
08 Dec 2013
17 Sep 2013
08 Nov 2013
09 Dec 2013
08 Dec 2013
03 Sep 2013
08 Nov 2013
- Dovesfarm: Well done to all participants, it was a nail-biting final @JOGTechnology bake off!! http://t.co/ntfyB4IpFU
Mon Dec 09 13:10:34 +0000 2013
- Dovesfarm: RT @Cocochoux: Well done to all three finalists in the @JOGTechnology Bake Off! You are all star bakers! http://t.co/vm0hb3xOPj
Mon Dec 09 13:05:15 +0000 2013
- Dovesfarm: @vrhackett Rice flour can be substituted for #glutenfree plain flour, it will just have a slightly different texture. What are you making?
Mon Dec 09 11:42:11 +0000 2013
- Dovesfarm: RT @smeeeff: Needing inspiration for things to do with @Dovesfarm flour? I have a fair few here http://t.co/ZeVtlwSlhO
Sun Dec 08 19:49:07 +0000 2013
- Dovesfarm: @fantasyescapist @sainsburys contact our technical department with pack details and they can investigate for you... firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun Dec 08 19:47:48 +0000 2013