Gluten Free Soda Bread
|500 g||Gluten Free Brown Bread Flour Blend or|
|500 g||Gluten Free White Bread Flour Blend|
|1 ⅔ tbsps||Baking Powder|
|2 tsps||Xanthan Gum|
|500 ml||Milk or Rice Milk|
|2 tbsps||Extra Milk or Rice Milk|
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder & xanthan gum
2. In a separate container stir the vinegar & oil into the milk.
3. Add the milk mixture to the flour.
4. Stir to form a soft, slightly sticky dough.
5. Roughly shape the dough & place in an oiled 500g/1lb tin.
6. Brush the top of the loaf with the additional milk.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 90/100 minutes.
Rate this recipe using the review button below, or click here to discuss it in our forum.
Temperature & cooking time:
Oven 200°C/Fan 180°C/400°F/Gas 6
Without Dairy , Without Egg, Without Gluten , Without Nuts, Vegan, Vegetarian, Without Wheat.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.
5 stars: 3
4 stars: 1
3 stars: 1
2 stars: 0
1 stars: 0
By Ms Kim Michelle
Lovely... Have coeliac and thought that my future was shop bought fluffy bread. Now I can make my own..... I added sunflower seeds and it was lovely. It is a soda bread so is quite heavy but i found the more you kneaded it the better it is.
By Mr Peter Rudd
I baked my 1st loaf for my wife today, the outside was very hard but the inside was a bit heavy but edible, I will try again on a shorter baking time. Thanks for the recipe.
By Mrs Elena Blunsum
I too found the loaf soggy inside. Tried again using 450mls fluid and made rolls instead - much better results! I made 8 rolls and cooked them at 200 for 35 mins.
By Ms sue godfrey
Looked for relevant egg free, gluten free recipe and intend to try this. The ingredient 'vinegar' should be cider or wine vinegar. Malt vinegar is not suitable for gluten intolerants as it comes from barley grain.
By Mrs Janet Macpherson
The first loaf I made came out crisp on outside but definitely soggy & heavy inside. Tried again but misread recipe as the "or" between the two flours is so small I completely missed it. Perhaps that could be corrected?
05 Mar 2014
20 Dec 2013
04 Mar 2014
08 Nov 2013
05 Feb 2014
05 Mar 2014
03 Feb 2014
19 Dec 2013
05 Feb 2014
- Dovesfarm: @freefromfairy @ZaraBJennings We sell 5x1kg case quantities or 16kg sacks of #glutenfree flour on the website :)
Fri Mar 07 20:06:38 +0000 2014
- Dovesfarm: RT @Janice_Gillies: Pear and ginger muffins made with #GF glutenfree @Dovesfarm plain flour. One down several more to go.. http://t.co/csyi…
Fri Mar 07 20:04:58 +0000 2014
- Dovesfarm: RT @OFBSteventon: RT “@RealBread: Membership discounts from @BreadMatters @BakeryBits @Dovesfarm @Marriages_flour & @ShiptonMill
Fri Mar 07 14:58:45 +0000 2014
- Dovesfarm: @freefromfairy How did it turn out? We'd love to see a picture if you have one!
Fri Mar 07 14:56:58 +0000 2014
- Dovesfarm: @CarrieGrif They look great. #Glutenfree brownies are an absolute favourite of ours! Enjoy :)
Fri Mar 07 14:53:02 +0000 2014