Gluten Free Soda Bread
|500 g||Gluten Free Brown Bread Flour Blend or|
|500 g||Gluten Free White Bread Flour Blend|
|1 ⅔ tbsps||Baking Powder|
|2 tsps||Xanthan Gum|
|500 ml||Milk or Rice Milk|
|2 tbsps||Extra Milk or Rice Milk|
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder & xanthan gum
2. In a separate container stir the vinegar & oil into the milk.
3. Add the milk mixture to the flour.
4. Stir to form a soft, slightly sticky dough.
5. Roughly shape the dough & place in an oiled 500g/1lb tin.
6. Brush the top of the loaf with the additional milk.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 90/100 minutes.
Rate this recipe using the review button below, or click here to discuss it in our forum.
Temperature & cooking time:
Oven 200°C/Fan 180°C/400°F/Gas 6
Without Dairy , Without Egg, Without Gluten , Without Nuts, Vegan, Vegetarian, Without Wheat.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.
5 stars: 3
4 stars: 1
3 stars: 1
2 stars: 0
1 stars: 0
By Ms Kim Michelle
Lovely... Have coeliac and thought that my future was shop bought fluffy bread. Now I can make my own..... I added sunflower seeds and it was lovely. It is a soda bread so is quite heavy but i found the more you kneaded it the better it is.
By Mr Peter Rudd
I baked my 1st loaf for my wife today, the outside was very hard but the inside was a bit heavy but edible, I will try again on a shorter baking time. Thanks for the recipe.
By Mrs Elena Blunsum
I too found the loaf soggy inside. Tried again using 450mls fluid and made rolls instead - much better results! I made 8 rolls and cooked them at 200 for 35 mins.
By Ms sue godfrey
Looked for relevant egg free, gluten free recipe and intend to try this. The ingredient 'vinegar' should be cider or wine vinegar. Malt vinegar is not suitable for gluten intolerants as it comes from barley grain.
By Mrs Janet Macpherson
The first loaf I made came out crisp on outside but definitely soggy & heavy inside. Tried again but misread recipe as the "or" between the two flours is so small I completely missed it. Perhaps that could be corrected?
27 Jul 2014
27 Jul 2014
08 May 2014
25 Jul 2014
07 Apr 2014
19 Dec 2013
10 Jul 2014
03 Jun 2014
20 Dec 2013
- Dovesfarm: New crop #spelt looks very good in the field, not long until harvest. http://t.co/hgMMnhCLSP
Fri Jul 25 18:18:26 +0000 2014
- Dovesfarm: RT @OliveBranchFood: We're craving fresh bread this morning - bet @dovesfarm fig & walnut bread would taste great with our Sweet Olive! htt…
Thu Jul 17 18:28:53 +0000 2014
- Dovesfarm: RT @BeadleAlison: @Karen_Y_K @Dovesfarm here it is http://t.co/Hf5W575A6B
Thu Jul 17 18:20:35 +0000 2014
- Dovesfarm: RT @Coeliacpages: #glutenfree fish chowder ready to go. Made using @lidl_ireland fish mix and @Dovesfarm flour to thicken. http://t.co/OCOP…
Thu Jul 03 14:24:37 +0000 2014
- Dovesfarm: RT @KatOrganicBaker: Need a great BBQ dessert? Monster Ice Cream Sandwiches with @Dovesfarm @organicarable http://t.co/ho3QUAv9kh Wowza! h…
Thu Jul 03 14:23:18 +0000 2014