This pastry will appear a little wet at first but will absorb the liquid when it is resting. Follow the instructions below to make a pie or quiche base.
To make a gluten free pastry lid roll out the pastry between two pieces of cling film then remove one piece and use the other to support the pastry as you invert it over the pie. Remove the remaining film before baking.
|200 g||Gluten Free Plain White Flour|
|4 tbsps||Cold water|
- Put the flour and butter into a large bowl.
- Using a fork mash the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the water and quickly bring the pastry together into a sticky ball of dough. (Gluten Free pastry will absorb more water than conventional pastry so add a few more drops of water if necessary)
- Wrap the dough in film and rest it for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the pastry out on a floured surface or between two pieces of film.
- Roll out the pastry to the desired thickness and size or simply press the pastry into your baking dish using your fingers.
- Cut away any pastry that hangs over the edge of your dish and bake according to your recipe.
Rate this recipe using the review button below, or click here to discuss it in our forum.
Temperature & cooking time:
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.