When you make these delicious squidgy chocolate brownies nobody will guess they are gluten free. As they are quite rich slice into 12/16 small pieces. This is one of our most often requested gluten free chocolate brownie recipes that first appeared on our Gluten Free Plain Flour pack back in 2000. If you prefer more cake-like brownies we suggest you bake them for up to 45 minutes. The recipe also works well if you wish to reduce the sugar content.
|150 g||Dark Chocolate|
|100 g||Gluten Free Plain Flour|
|100 g||Chopped Hazelnuts OR Walnuts (optional)|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
- Gently melt together the butter and chocolate.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs followed by the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the nuts if used.
- Pour into 200 x 250mm/8"x10" oiled and lined baking dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 22/25 minutes.
- Cut into slices before serving.
Rate this recipe using the review button below, or click here to discuss it in our forum.
Temperature & cooking time:
180°C/Fan160°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 22/25 minutes
Without Gluten, Without Soya, Without Wheat.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.