Ethical Trade Policy
Doves Farm Foods is committed to ethical trading systems which develop transparent national and International trading relationships, uphold the integrity and quality of the products, as well as respecting fair remuneration and work conditions for all colleagues in a supply chain.
As well as using Fairtrade Foundation approved suppliers for ingredients used in our bakeries, we also subscribe to the Soil Association Ethical Trade scheme.
In 2012 we shall;
- Reduce packaging waste.
- Develop training varification.
In 2011, we:
- Developed training opportunities for work colleagues.
- Increased engagement with and support for the local community.
In 2010 we focused on reducing waste and developing of staff colleague opportunities. We met the following goals:
- Improved staff colleague facilities
- Reviewed and developed colleague training and documentation
- Increased awareness of Fairtrade
We continue to foster ethical and Fairtrade trade relationships based on the follows principles;
- Sourcing raw materials, other goods and services locally where possible.
- Using Fairtrade ingredients if these are available.
- As appropriate, agreeing contracts with suppliers and paying promptly.
- Clean and pleasant resources provided for staff colleagues who are given appropriate training for their job.
- Free fresh fruit provided for Doves Farm staff.
- Continued support of a range of local, social, cultural and educational activities.